1) A bachelor’s degree from an accredited university earned prior to beginning the post-bacc program (any undergraduate major acceptable)
2) Completed application: https://eee.uci.edu/15s/51044
3) College academic transcripts from all institutions attended (unoffical transcripts are OK)
4) Two letters of recommendation (from current or former professors, graduate students, employers, supervisors, managers, and/or program directors who know you well in an academic, volunteer, and/or employment setting). If you graduated from college less than two years ago, we strongly recommend that at least one of your letters be from a professor or graduate student.
5) Submission of non-refundable $75 application fee.
There is no minimum GPA requirement for the program, and the GRE is not required; however the program is competitive, and applicants who are most likely to succeed in a post-graduate program will be selected. Furthermore, if you have take the GRE, we encourage you to submit an unofficial copy of your GRE scores with your application. If you are interested in enrolling in research/lab-based courses while in the program, you will be asked to list (in your application) 3-5 faculty members with whom you would be interested in working, and you will be asked to briefly describe why you are interested in working with each of those faculty members. For a list of our faculty and a brief description of their research, please visit the PSB faculty list: http://psb.soceco.uci.edu/faculty.
The admissions committee will carefully review each application, and applicants will be notified individually within one month of the application deadline.
Applications are accepted and reviewed once per year. The deadline to apply for Fall 2018 (which starts on Thursday, September 27, 2018) is THURSDAY, MAY 31, 2018. (All your application materials must be RECEIVED in our office on or before this date).
Submitting your materials:
1) Your application (including your statement of purpose and resume/CV) must be submitted via mail to the mailing address below.
2) Transcripts (unofficial is OK) may be sent via mail to the mailing address below or via email to Joanne Zinger at firstname.lastname@example.org .
3) Sealed letters of recommendation may be sent via mail to the mailing address beow or emailed directly from the letter writer to Joanne Zinger at email@example.com.
4) The application fee is $75.00 and is non-refundable. You may either mail a check (payable to The Regents of the University of California - submitted with your application) or complete the credit card information on the application.
Our mailing address is:
Post-Baccalaureate Program in Psychology & Social Behavior
c/o UCI Division of Continuing Education Student Services
PO Box 6050
Irvine, CA 92616-6050
Note: If you would like to check on the status of your application (to ensure that all application materials have been received by our office), please contact Joanne Zinger at firstname.lastname@example.org.